1. WHO ARE WE?
Our activity is the construction and marketing of combustion-powered and electric vehicles.
This article concerns our Cookie handling policy.
It contains information about the origins and usage of the browsing data that cookies may store on your browser.
When you view content on our website, information about the browser on your device (computer, tablet, smartphone, etc) may be recorded in “Cookies”, files that are saved on your device, in accordance with your cookie preferences, which can be modified at any time (Cf. section 4).
2. WHAT IS A COOKIE AND WHAT IS IT FOR?
A cookie is a text file that can be stored, according to your preferences, in a specific location on your device’s hard drive (computer, tablet, etc) when you view an online service using your browsing software. It is sent from the website’s server to your browser. Each cookie bears an anonymous identifier. The cookie file allows the sender to identify the device on which it has been stored for the duration of validity or storage of the cookie in question. A cookie cannot be used to identify a physical person.
When you view RENAULT Group websites, we may install a range of cookies, according to your preferences: functional cookies, performance cookies, social network cookies and advertising cookies.
3. WHAT ARE THE CATEGORIES OF COOKIE USE BY RENAULT GROUP WEBSITES?
The Cookies that We send from our websites are divided into 4 categories to facilitate Your cookie management:
• Functionality cookies
• Performance and analytics cookies
• Social network cookies
• Advertising cookies
4. HOW TO MANAGE COOKIES FROM RENAULT GROUP WEBSITES:
You can modify your settings for the cookies we use on Renault group websites in 2 ways:
a) (Recommended) By using the cookie management tool which we have provided for you: link to settings interface
This tool allows you to manage which categories of cookies listed above you will accept when browsing our websites. You can modify your choices at any time
b) Via your internet browser settings:
In this fashion you can configure your browser to store cookies on your device or, conversely, to reject them, either systematically or depending on the originating website. You can also configure your browser software so that you can choose whether cookies are either accepted or refused every time a website tries to store a cookie on your device.
Managing your cookie options in this fashion varies according to the browser you are using. Details can be found in your browser’s help section, which will explain how to modify your cookie options.
Please find below links to information pages explaining how to change the options for your browser yourself:
• Internet Explorer™ : http://windows.microsoft.com/fr-FR/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
Once your preferences have been saved, we will only read or modify cookies according to your preferences. Any cookies stored before your preferences were changed will remain on your device, and you can remove them using your browser settings.
Please bear in mind that we use a cookie to store your cookie preferences, which in turn means that:
a) If you remove all cookies, you will need to update your settings
b) If you use a different peripheral device, profile or browser, you will also need to update your settings.
If you have refused the storage of cookies on your device, or if you delete cookies already stored, you will not benefit from certain functionalities that are required in order to navigate through certain areas on Renault Group websites. This is the case if you to try and access content and services that require us to identify you. This is also the case if we – or our service providers – are not able to identify, for reasons of technical compatibility, the type of browser being used by your device, the display and language parameters, or the country from which your device seems to be connected to the internet.
If necessary, Renault Group declines any responsibility regarding consequences that may arise in relation to decreased functionality of our services as a result of the Renault Group being unable to store or retrieve cookies required for site functionality that you have refused or deleted.
6. CATEGORIES OF COOKIES:
a. Functionality cookies
Functionality cookies allow you to browse a website with all essential functionalities, such as secure areas, shopping baskets or billing pages.
These cookies do not store any information that could be used for marketing or targeting information.
We use them in order to:
– Adapt our presentation of Renault Group websites to the display preferences on your device:
- language used
- display resolution
- operating system used
– Remembering information that you have entered into forms you have completed on Renault Group websites (registration or access to customer areas)
– Giving you access to personal and private areas of our website, such as the customer area, using the login details or data that you may have entered previously
– Implementing security measures, for example, when you are invited to reconnect to the customer area after a certain amount of time.
– Remembering products and services ordered up to the confirmation page
– Provision of chat-based online assistance
– Sharing information with technical partners for the sole purpose of providing you with services and functionalities on our websites.
The cookie management facility that we provide does not allow you to deactivate this type of cookie. Accepting these cookies is a necessary condition for using our website, and if you block them using another means, we cannot guarantee that you will be able to browse the website normally.
b. Performance and analytics cookies:
We use them in order to:
– Establish statistics for the usage of Renault Group websites and the use of the various elements that make up Renault Group websites (for example, lists of pages visited, duration of a visit or the number of error messages encountered), allowing us to improve the quality and ergonomics of our services.
– Testing the efficiency of our marketing campaigns and understanding which pages are of interest to you.
– Testing the various functionalities.
c. Cookies relating to your use of social networks
So-called “social network” cookies relate to services provided by third parties, such as “Like” and “Share” buttons.
They are used to provide you with services or to remember your sharing preferences for social networks.
The social network that provides the application button may use it to identify you, even if you have not used the button whilst browsing our website. Indeed, this type of application button can allow the social network in question to understand your navigation of our website, solely based on the fact that the social network in question is activated on your device (open session) as you are browsing our website.
We have no control over the processes used by social networks to collect information relating to your browsing of our website that is linked to the personal data they hold. We would ask you to consult the privacy protection policy for these social networks in order to understand the implications of using them, particularly in terms of advertising and the browsing information they can gather using application buttons. These protection policies should specifically allow you to modify your choices relating to these social networks, by changing the settings on your user accounts for each of these networks.
We use them in order to:
– Create links from/to social networks such as Facebook
– Allow you to identify yourself to social networks when the share option is activated
– Facilitate your login to some of our services by reusing the login details for a given social network
You can choose to accept or refuse these cookies, but refusal may prevent from you gaining access to certain sharing and “social” interaction functionalities.
d. Advertising cookies sent from our website by third parties
Third parties provide their services if they register that you have visited our website.
• WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF BEING ABLE TO VIEW ADVERTISING RELATING TO YOUR BROWSING?
Our aim is to present you with the most relevant advertising possible. With this aim, cookie technology allows us to determine in real time which advertising to display on a device, according to recent browsing on one or more sites or applications.
You would no doubt prefer to see advertising that corresponds to your interests rather than advertising in which you have no interest. Equally, advertisers wishing to promote their products would rather display their advertising to those users who are most likely to have an interest in it.
We use them in order to:
– adapt advertising content displayed on your device via our advertising areas according to localisation data (longitude and latitude) sent from your device with your prior agreement
– sending advertising companies information about your visit to present you with advertising most likely to be of interest.
– adapting advertising content displayed on your device in advertising areas according to the anonymous personal data that you have chosen to send to the advertising company.
7. ADDITIONAL SOLUTION FOR MANAGING ADVERTISING COOKIES SENT FROM OUR WEBSITE BY THIRD PARTIES
You can visit the Youronlinechoices website, run by digital advertising professionals working together as the European EDAA agency (European Digital Advertising Alliance) and administered in France by Interactive Advertising Bureau France.
It informs you of companies who have signed up to the platform, who offer the option of refusing or accepting the cookies they use to adapt advertising displayed on your device to your interests according to your browsing information:
8. IF YOU SHARE YOUR DEVICE WITH OTHER USERS
If your device is used by several people and the same device has several browsers available, We cannot guarantee that advertising and services aimed at you device correspond exactly to your own use of the device rather than to another user’s profile.
Where applicable, the sharing of a device with other users and the configuration of settings for your browser regarding cookies is your own choice and your own responsibility
9. SPECIFIC CASE: “ADOBE FLASH PLAYER”™ “FLASH”© COOKIES
“Adobe Flash Player”™ is an IT application that allows rapid development of dynamic content using the “Flash” programming language. Flash and other applications of this type memorise parameters, preferences and the usage of content thanks to a similar technology to cookies. Nevertheless, “Adobe Flash Player”™ manages this information and your selections using a different interface to that provided by your browser software. If your browser is capable of viewing content programmed using Flash, we would ask you to access the Flash cookie management tools directly via the website http://www.adobe.com/fr/.